The man accused of starting the Sorrento Fire near La Jolla remained in jail Wednesday, Aug. 19, on $75,000 bail as firefighters pushed containment of the 130-acre blaze to 75%, according to the San Diego Fire-Rescue Department.

The suspect, a 30-year-old man, faces possible arson charges and is scheduled for arraignment Thursday afternoon at San Diego Central Jail, according to Times of San Diego. San Diego Police Department spokesperson Officer Colin Steinbroner confirmed the arrest but did not disclose what evidence led investigators to suspect the man, NBC San Diego reported.

A resident reported spotting the suspect walking out of an open, brushy area in the 10800 block of Vista Sorrento Parkway as flames began spreading Monday afternoon, according to SDPD.

The fire broke out around 1:30 p.m. Monday, Aug. 17, in the Peñasquitos Creek area between Sorrento Valley Boulevard and Carmel Mountain Road, just east of Interstate 5. Firefighters halted its forward spread roughly five and a half hours later, according to San Diego Fire-Rescue.

As we reported earlier this week, the blaze triggered evacuation warnings for eight residential zones near La Jolla. All warnings were lifted by 7:28 p.m. Monday, though a mandatory evacuation order for Zone SDC 144, which includes Los Peñasquitos Canyon Preserve, remained in place into Tuesday morning.

Approximately 200 firefighters from San Diego Fire-Rescue and Cal Fire battled the blaze, supported by five fixed-wing aircraft and helicopters based out of Hemet and Ramona. San Diego Fire-Rescue Deputy Chief Dan Eddy said the canyon terrain made ground access difficult.

"It's not somewhere you can ride your car into. Remember, this is a hiking trail, so we had hard access getting our ground units in there," Eddy told ABC 10 News on Aug. 17. "The aircraft were huge for us today in stopping the forward rate of spread."

By late Tuesday, crews had built nearly a mile of handline and added 2,300 feet of hose line to secure the perimeter, according to KGTV. San Diego Fire-Rescue said 150 personnel were scheduled to return Wednesday for continued mop-up. No structural damage or injuries have been reported.

The fire burned through an area of Los Peñasquitos Canyon Preserve that was affected by a previous brush fire in June, according to San Diego Fire-Rescue officials.

The suspect's arraignment is scheduled for Thursday afternoon. The San Diego County District Attorney's Office has not announced formal charges.